Well, here we are! Today is my 25th birthday!! Whilst, in the grand scheme of things, this might not seem like the biggest achievement in the world, it feels a little bit more significant than lots of other birthdays- I suppose because it's the last big landmark before turning 30...! I'm still not convinced that I'll ever be a grown up or ever feel like one, but getting older definitely helps with getting wiser. So, in the spirit of, erm, celebrating reaching a bit of a milestone, I've compiled a little list of some of the most important things I've learnt from life so far:
- The more you stop caring about what other people might think of you, the happier you will be.
- Fair weather friends will come and go, but there's nothing which compares to the unconditional support of your family- particularly your mum.
- One of the simplest pleasures in life is staying in on a Saturday night with a cup of tea and Strictly Come Dancing.
- Life's too short to waste time on people who make you feel anything other than happy.
- Cod Liver Oil is for life, not just for Christmas.
- Never underestimate the importance of little achievements.
- Make time to be adventurous.
- Remember what you are capable of and never let anyone else tell you otherwise.
- Your gut instinct is usually always right.
- Sometimes banter with the lads is better than any number of girlie chats.
- Don't worry about being left behind- live life at your own pace
- When you're at your lowest ebb, the people who really matter will be there to pick you back up.
- Live your own life and for the moment.
- There's no point worrying about being able to walk in high heels when you're five foot nine.
- Cake is for life, not just for birthdays!
What are your pearls of life wisdom?
(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)